What We Do
Healing Hands professional team is dedicated to promote wellness to workplaces.
Using specially designed massage chairs and hands-on skills and techniques, we concentrate on reducing tension and increasing circulation in areas most affected by work-induced strain: the back, shoulders, neck, arms and hands.
Our certified staff members are trained to provide a meridian-based, acupressure form of chair massage. Natural fiber loose clothing is recommended. No oils or lotions are used.
We accommodate any size of office or event, including:
- Ongoing massage programs at workplace
- Workplace Wellness Initiatives
- Staff Appreciation Events
- Private Parties
Interested in Chair Massage for your workplace?
About chair massage
Chair massage was pioneered by David Palmer of the San Francisco-based TouchPro Institute in the early 1980s. He was commissioned by Apple Computers to provide an onsite service that would help their employees deal more effectively with the stress and tension that built-up on the job — without interfering with the regular flow of their business.
From that starting point, an industry was born. Quickly, chair massage began to show up in major airports, shopping malls and offices throughout the US. From its early beginnings at Apple Computer, chair massage has become an accepted part of company wellness plans throughout North America.
Workplace Stress Facts
- 8% of Canadian payroll costs are stress-related (i.e. absenteeism)
- 40% of employee turnover is caused by stress
- Up to 50% of lost days are stress-related
- Up to 80% of workplace accidents are due to stress and fatigue
- 75-90% of all visits to health care professionals are for stress-related complaints
- Only two in every ten employees work at full potential according to the National Commission on Productivity
Creating a Workplace Massage Program
This document will outline the easy steps you take to establish a workspace massage program.